Excerpts from the Executive Order No. 98-02 dated October 5, 1998 issued by Municipal Mayor Rodolfo G. Villar entitled Approving and Directing the Implementation of the Municipal Government's Aksyon ng Bayan Rosario 2001 AB describes the composition of the operational network that matters most in the implementation of the program. For the Barangay Development Network:
The Punumbarangay serves as the Chairperson of the Barangay Development Network that is composed of the following members:
- Representative from the Sangguniang Bayan chosen from among themselves.
- Barangay Delegate of the Community Volunteers Network of Rosario (Batangas) Inc.
- MTWG Barangay Cluster Leader or his/her Barangay Cluster Representative covering the particular barangay.
The Barangay Development Network plays a vital leadership role in the Aksyon ng Bayan Rosario 2001 AB Program. It has the following functions:
- Assist the Purok and Pangkat Leaders within their barangay in the management process of situation analysis, planning, monitoring and evaluation under the Aksyon ng Bayan Rosario 2001 AB Program.
- Recommend projects that will help solve the problems of the barangay, purok, pangkat and families under their area of operation.
- Coordinate with proper authorities to elicit more involvement and participation for the success of the programs and projects.
- Promote cooperation and establish linkage with and among Punumbarangays/Barangay Development Netwok Chairpersons and Barangay Cluster.